Monday, February 10, 2014

"The Challenge" Day 21: "Oceans"

If you want to know what the Challenge is, you can start with Day 1. If you want to know why it's sort of a miracle I've made it to Day 21, read Day 2

So, I'm sort of sorry that I haven't posted in days, but actually pretty much not sorry because it's been a totally bizarre and stressful week. Lots of amazing and beautiful things and lots of discouraging and demoralizing things. So most of my creative energy was spent getting through the week and reminding myself (and being reminded by many loving others) of the truth of some of the things I always say about where God is. So... #sorrynotsorry

One of the things I said I'd write about in this blog series was images of God on K-LOVE. And one of the songs that I've heard a million times on K-LOVE is "Oceans" by Hillsong United. And I'll be honest: I love this song. God as ocean, vast, unchanging-but-always-changing, is one of my favorite God-images. And the story of Peter being called by Jesus out into stormy seas is one of my favorite stories. I love the movement-imagery in this song. The idea that we're calling on Christ's name because we are trying to go out into uncertain waters, because we are doing the kind of daring and confusing things that we might be called to do.

So I love this song. So much so that I'm not even going to use this post as a launching point for a discussion about what we mean by calling God "sovereign."

Enjoy:



--
Currently playing on klove.com: "Write Your Story" by Francesca Battistelli 

No comments:

Post a Comment